|Hours of Operation||Contact Information|
Mon, Tue, Wed, Frid
Building T-100 room 110
The Lajes Field Civilian Personnel Section (CPS) provides assistance for current and future Local Nationals (LN) and/or US civilian employees in a wide variety of areas. Services include, but are not limited to: Staffing, Classification and Employee Management Relations.
Civilian Personnel Officer:
Staffing and Classification:
- Catia Relvas, 535-5200
- Miguel Janeiro, 535-3508
Services provided: internal and external recruitment, temporary contracts, promotions, reassignments, temporary assignments (details), reduction in force, classification of positions and appeal procedures, position reviews/audits, authorization change requests (ACR), overhires, etc.
Employee Management Relations:
- Carla Leal, 535-4160
Services provided: employee benefits, annual leave, leave without pay, justified/unjustified absences, work schedules, overtime, compensatory time off, night work, holiday work, performance management, incentive/honorary awards, on the job accidents, disciplinary/adverse actions, complaints, retirement, etc.
Human Resources Assistant:
- Cidalia Dias, 535-5139
Services provided: CAC renewals, employment statements, union dues, meals/transportation updates, address changes, length of service certificates, TDY insurance coverage, etc.
- LN Annual Leave Plan: 15 Apr
- LN Annual evaluation cycle: 1 Apr to 31 Mar
- LN Annual evaluation effective date: 1 Jun
- LN Mandatory feedback: Oct/Nov
- Telework Training for Supervisors and Employees: http://www.telework.gov/training-resources/
- LN Telework Policy and Agreement form (Both English and Portuguese version).pdf: https://usaf.dps.mil/sites/65abg/gsa/fsf/cpo/sitepages/home.aspx
- OPF FORM 71 – Request for Leave or Approved Absence: https://usaf.dps.mil/sites/65abg/gsa/fsf/cpo/sitepages/home.aspx
- TDY –LN employees or supervisors need to contact CPS prior to departure
- On the job accidents – reported within 24 hours – complete USAFE Form 50
- Occupational Diseases – contact the Medical Aid Station personnel
- Overtime work in excess of 2 hours must be reported to CPS
- Overtime work during designated days off must be reported to CPS
- Holiday work must be reported to CPS
- Comply with employees’ position description = work contract
- Assignment of duties not included in position description and/or higher level duties; contact CPS for proper procedures
- Work schedules for uncommon tours of duty of shift workers must be approved by competent Portuguese authority – submit to CPS 30 days before effective date
- LN job announcements posted during 1 week – broadcast via email/CPS front desk
For additional information concerning, LN Regulations, Prohibited Personnel Practices, US Civilian information and links, ABG policy letters, CPS tips, overtime notification samples, LN fitness program, TDY compensatory time info, CPS training dates and slides, templates and forms, please visit the CPS Sharepoint page at (LAN w/ CAC):
Free, confidential services to help you and your household members manage everyday challenges and work on more complex issues. All Air Force civilian personnel — including non-appropriated funds, or NAF, employees; Guard and Reserve; and family members may use the program at no charge to the individual or family member.