lodging, guest, directory, binder, -, biography, colonel, tammy, s, hinskton
United States Air Force
COLONEL WILLIAM M. WALLIS
Colonel William Wallis is the Panel Chair and Chief, Mobility Air Forces and Special Operations Forces Division, Directorate of Strategic Plans, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans and Programs, Headquarters United States Air Force, Washington, D.C. The division/panel integrates initiatives from eight Major Commands, with direction for force structure, manpower, and flying hour programs into two cohesive portfolios, shaping the Air Force Program and Strategic Plan, and is the focal point for 1,300 aircraft and 86 programs—an average of $27.5 billion per year.
1997 Bachelor of Arts degree in General Studies, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri.
2003 Squadron Officer School, Correspondence.
2003 Squadron Officer School in residence, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama.
2006 Master of Arts degree in Management and Leadership, Webster University, St. Louis, Missouri.
2008 Air Command and Staff College, Correspondence
2010 Army Command and General Staff College in residence, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas.
2011 Joint and Combined Warfighting School (JPME-II), Joint Forces Staff College, Virginia.
2012 Air War College, Correspondence.
1. October 1997 – March 1998, Special Assistant to the Commander, AFROTC Detachment 440, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri.
2. March 1998 – September 1998, student, Aviation Preflight Indoctrination, Basic Navigator Course, Primary Student Navigator Flight Officer Training, Pensacola Naval Air Station, Florida.
3. September 1998 – June 1999, student, Joint Undergraduate Navigator Training, Randolph Air Force Base, Texas.
4. June 1999 – July 2003, C-130E Navigator, Instructor, Evaluator, Flight Operations Supervisor, Officer Scheduler, Assistant Flight Commander, Flight Commander; 61st Airlift Squadron, 463d Airlift Group, Little Rock Air Force Base, Arkansas.
5. July 2003 – June 2004, C-130E/C-130H3 Chief Navigator, Airlift Group Standardization and Evaluation Division, 463d Airlift Group, Little Rock Air Force Base, Arkansas.
6. June 2004 – July 2005, AMC Intern/CJCS Exercise and Contingency Director, Contingency Commercial Airlift Branch, Global Readiness Directorate, Tanker Airlift Control Center, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois.
7. July 2005 – October 2005, AMC Intern/Command Mobility Evaluator Navigator, Combat Airlift Branch, Standardization and Evaluation Division, Directorate of Operations, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois.
8. October 2005 – June 2006, AMC Intern/Mobile C2 Staff Officer, Mobile Command and Control Operations Branch, Expeditionary Mobility Operations Division, Directorate of Air, Space, and Information Operations, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois.
9. June 2006 – April 2007, Instructor Navigator C-130H/Chief of Operations Plans, Plans and Programs, 317th Airlift Group, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas.
10. April 2007 – April 2008, Evaluator Navigator C-130H/Deputy Chief, Plans and Programs, 317th Airlift Group, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas.
11. April 2008 – October 2008, Evaluator Navigator C-130H/Chief Navigator and Assistant Director of Operations, 40th Airlift Squadron, 317th Airlift Group, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas.
12. October 2008 – July 2009, Evaluator Navigator C-130H/Director of Operations, 40th Airlift Squadron, 317th Airlift Group, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas.
13. July 2009 – June 2010, Student, Army Command and General Staff College, Combined Arms Center, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas.
14. June 2010 – June 2014, Joint Action Officer, Land/Sea Branch Chief, and Director of Staff, Air Land Sea Application Center, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia.
15. June 2014 – October 2014, Commander, 422d Joint Tactics Squadron, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey.
16. October 2014 – November 2016, Commander, 423d Mobility Training Squadron, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey.
17. January 2017 – April 2017, Instructor Navigator C-130H and Deputy Commander, 386th Expeditionary Operations Group, Ali Al Salem Air Base, Kuwait.
18. April 2017 – July 2017, Deputy Commander, USAF Expeditionary Operations School, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey.
19. July 2017 – June 2018, Planner/Programmer and OSA/VIPSAM/SOF Branch Chief, Rapid Global Mobility and Special Operations Forces Panel, Directorate of Strategic Plans, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Strategic Plans and Requirements, Headquarters US Air Force, Washington, D.C.
20. June 2018 – July 2019, Military Deputy, Rapid Global Mobility and Special Operations Division, Directorate of Programs, Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans and Programs, Headquarters US Air Force, Washington, D.C.
21. July 2019 – Present, Panel Chair and Chief, Mobility Air Forces and Special Operations Forces Division, Directorate of Strategic Plans, Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans and Programs, Headquarters US Air Force, Washington, D.C.
Rating: Master Navigator
Hours Flown: Over 2,900
Aircraft Flown: C-130E, C-130H, C-130H3, EC-130H, MQ-1B, T-1, T-43, T-37, T-34C
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Kosovo Campaign Medal with one bronze star
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with two bronze stars
Iraqi Campaign Medal with three bronze stars
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant September 2, 1997
First Lieutenant September 2, 1999
Captain September 2, 2001
Major May 2, 2007
Lieutenant Colonel August 1, 2012
Colonel December 1, 2018
(Current as of April 2021)